Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to get rid of a virus that disabled my antivirus and task manager?

A virus has disabled my virus scan and my task manager. I think I should use the ''reinstall windows xp'' cd. but how do I clean up my hard drive? I noticed there are a few partitions, do I delete and create all of them?



thanks for guidlines



How to get rid of a virus that disabled my antivirus and task manager?agv



Yep...Viruses generally go after the Virus protection 1st and now your task manager is gone....



Would Reistall the OS Delete the Partitions and then create new ones....



What are U using for Virus Protection???????



How to get rid of a virus that disabled my antivirus and task manager?antivirus software



Scan in safe mode which you can select by pressing f5 on start up which will enable the option mode and pick safe mode which you can run basic tasks to get your computer up and running again. Providing you have windows xp system installed and your virus scaner might work from there.
Try booting in safe mode. This is an option when you press F8 while booting your computer. You may have some more options from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment