Friday, August 20, 2010

Should I completely removed Norton antivirus?

And just download AVG? The only thing i like about Norton is its firewall which protects me, and the subsription is over anyway...And Norton usually doesnt find a virus after a long hour scan anyway.



Should I completely removed Norton antivirus?computers



That's up to u.



If you want to unistall and U don't like it, just do it.



Should I completely removed Norton antivirus?hijack this



Just make very, very sure Norton is completely removed and I was told only they can do that. Not sure about that one. I have disabled Norton because it won't allow me internet access. Like you, the subscription is over..... and so is Norton.
You are highly uninformed. In numerous competent independent comparative tests, Norton has outscored AVG by a large margin when it comes to detection of viruses and other malware. Frankly, AVG's performance is dismal in comparison to products such as Norton and Kaspersky Anti-Virus.



On the other hand, Norton is a bloated resource hog that uses so many CPU cycles that it becomes more trouble than it is worth.



A better choice would be Kaspersky. Luckily, it is now made available to the public for free under the name ''Active Virus Shield''. It's outstanding detection rate and low resource usage make it an excellent choice. It can be found at:

No comments:

Post a Comment