Friday, August 20, 2010

I think my computer has a virus and now it won't even restart. What do I do!?!?!?

So all these ads about drive cleaner, winfixer, and other spyware crap have been popping up on my desktop for 3 or 4 days. I ran my antivirus thing but the ads would just pop up again later. Then after I ran a scan and deleted some stuff it told me to restart the computer so I told it to restart, but now it won't start up again. The computer and the fans seem to be running fine and the monitor comes on but it only goes as far as the screen that says 'please select the operating system to start' and then at the bottom it says 'for troubleshooting and other startup options press F8'. It doesn't respond at all when i press F8 and if I select the operating system it just starts the process over again and goes as far as this screen again. I can't call the company because it's a computer my brother made, so I really have no idea what to do. I also noticed that when it runs the BIOS check it says it's not installed, but i don't know if that means anything or not. Please help me if you can!!!



I think my computer has a virus and now it won't even restart. What do I do!?!?!?antivirus software



This sounds pretty bad. You need to use anti-spyware to stop the pop-ups, not your anti-virus. You need to scan from Safe Mode, if you can't boot to safe mode by pressing F8 your going to have to reformat your computer...sorry.



  • how long does it take to learn asp
  • shampoo good for hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment