Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Today, I was surprised to see that Norton was doing a Security Scan on my computer. Why?

I suspect they are trying to sell me their antivirus program for $50. They claim that they found 3 security risks including 1 medium risk item. I ran AVG 7.5 and Spybot and found no problems. My questions: Should I be worried? if so, what action should I take?



Today, I was surprised to see that Norton was doing a Security Scan on my computer. Why?antispam



I take it you do not have Norton on your machine? To my knowledge, Symantec doesn't run unrequested scans and then try to sell their product. I suspect a double-scam by someone else.



Good luck.



Today, I was surprised to see that Norton was doing a Security Scan on my computer. Why?avast



take care of the risks, likely tracking cookies, and no avg does not look for them. then remove nortons unless you want it through add/remove control panel, or go to there web site for removal tool.
no need to worry, just keep updating your antivirus though, try scanning in safe mode where all processes are disabled..their you can really see if there's an infection of some sort..
Most all computers have bugs and spam but Norton runs checks because during installation it asks if you want it to do it every day or every other or every week etc. and at what time.



Some programs find things that for example AVG won't find, nothing to worry about, if Norton really bugs you just uninstall it.

No comments:

Post a Comment