Sunday, August 15, 2010

Am I 100% protected whenever I have the latest version of mcafee antivirus?

I was actually surfing a security site and suddenly mcafee detected a trojan..It actually said it could not delete it...It gave me the option of deleting it...which I did..I checked for update and found out that i was not up to date..I actually updated 2 weeks ago...Is my system presently at risk?I have actually updated my mcafee now and I am now scanning my system...With me having the lastest version of mcafee..Am I 100% safe now?Thanks pls I need answers...Thanks



Am I 100% protected whenever I have the latest version of mcafee antivirus?photoshop



Hi there,



As a few posters have alluded to - you can never be 100% safe. However, there are ways that you can be SAFER than using any of the current popular security programs, such as McAfee, Symantec, etc.



Over recent months there has been an explosion of new malware (such as SpyFalcon %26 Spyware Quake) which is "constantly evolving" - meaning the leading security products are failing to even detect, let alone protect or remove this from your PC.



This is because their method of protection is fundamentally flawed. Current security software is reliant on catching malware, studying it, before creating a fix/signature and finally making it available as a downloadable update. This takes a lot of time, meaning you are not protected for days and even weeks against the latest malware.

No comments:

Post a Comment