Friday, August 20, 2010

I upgraded to the Norton Antivirus and now my Dell Dimension 4550 is running very slow. Any ideas?

I have run a virus scan. I have also rebooted several times.



I upgraded to the Norton Antivirus and now my Dell Dimension 4550 is running very slow. Any ideas?free adware remover



Norton is more like a virus than an anti-virus hogging your system's resources. I had the same problem on another PC and as soon as I removed Norton, it started working fine. I strongly recommend getting rid of Norton as soon as possible.



After extensively researching all anti-virus products I can say the best anti-virus is Kaspersky, though NOD32 is better for computer experts. Kaspersky is the best all-round anti-virus program. NOD32 runs faster and has less software conflicts but as a consequence the user interface is difficult to use.



The most popular free anti-virus programs (AVG and Avast) have poor detection rates (82.82%, 87.46% respectively). Norton is notoriously bloated and takes forever to perform full systems scans.



It has been proven ESET NOD32 and Kaspersky are better than the best sellers Norton and McAfee (see the consumersearch source for reviews of the top anti-virus products). NOD32 is the ''Best anti-virus product of 2006'' -Av Compartives.



Trend Micro Antivirus is a viable alternative if you're having a lot of trouble with software conflicts. Trend Micro rounds out the top three.



I upgraded to the Norton Antivirus and now my Dell Dimension 4550 is running very slow. Any ideas?internet security 2006



Norton products are known to be very resource heavy. Meaning they will use a LOT of your computer RAM and CPU which will significantly slow down your PC.



About the only thing you can do to fix it is to uninstall Norton and go with another anti-virus product.



There are many free anti-virus programs that are as good as, if not better, than Norton.



AVG Free and Avast are two of them that I use on my PC's.
norton sucks, uninstall it cuz it is the reason your computer is running slow. also you might want to uninstall any programs you arent using or runnning. i heard that pc-cillin is a pretty good antivirus.



  • how long does it take to learn asp
  • shampoo good for hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment