Friday, August 20, 2010

Why the problem with my antivirus scanner?

I have Norton Internet Security and I cannot get it to scan for viruses. The screen will not completely come up and then it freezes. I've had it for 10 months and I have never had this problem. I have Windows XP. Any ideas?



Why the problem with my antivirus scanner?cafe racer



hi,



most ''yahoo answer'' users got problems with norton or mcaffe. why don't you use the free anti virus program like avg.



hwh,



http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=dwikris...



Why the problem with my antivirus scanner?free anti virus



you could probalbly restart your runtime by pressing ctrl + alt + delete and close anything in process with nv in front of it and tyhen try restart via start menu and programs
May be due to some missing dll files or any other.



If you have the setup file, try to repair. If not reinstall the anti virus again without uninstalling it.



This prevents the loss of registration key.



Hope this will work.
your using norton thats the problem.I agree with Searchin's anwser.with only 2 months to go get rid of norton and go with avg7.5 free home edition and avg anti-spyware.



I have used this for the last 3 years and have yet to be infected with a virus or worm of any type. and best of all its free.
You may have some malware that disables Norton Internet Security. I suggest you download the free Stinger from McAfee and run it in Safe Mode. Stinger's only purpose in life is to protect the major A-V programs from disablement. I don't know if it can actually fix any damage done -- you may have to reinstall Norton -- but it should keep it from being re-disabled when you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment